March 20, 2020
We at NE SciFest have spent the past few weeks collecting information regarding coronavirus’s potential impact on our events during the month of April. We have worked closely with experts at the University of Nebraska Medical Center and Nebraska Medicine, considered guidance provided by public health authorities, and have had numerous discussions with our core team to determine the best path forward with our festival. After much deliberation, we have decided to cancel the Nebraska Science Festival. Ultimately, the safety of the public, our volunteers and our partners is our primary concern.
Although the Festival is canceled, we plan to hold a few virtual events in April and extend our social media scavenger hunt. We will plan to schedule a science day, a few events, and our keynote speaker for October. Please check our website for updated details about each event at nescifest.com.
We urge our festival community to do what they can to help slow/stop the potential spread of coronavirus. For the most current information about the disease and its prevention, please refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We also recommend taking the following precautions:
- avoid handshakes, practice social distancing and limit interpersonal contact
- wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- stay home if you are feeling sick (fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc.)
- cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
For updates and more information on events, please visit us online at nescifest.com.