- This event has passed.
Sandhill Cranes Morning Blind Tour
April 1 @ 5:30 am - 9:00 am$40
Join Dusty Trails for their viewing blind, located on the beautiful North Platte River. It is the perfect place from which to witness the Sandhill Cranes as they roost in the shallow waters of the river in the early morning hours, awaiting the arrival of the sun.
Pick up location is the North Platte Visitor Center, 101 Halligan Drive. Tour lasts about three hours and thirty minutes.
The bus ride to the viewing blind is approximately 15-20 minutes.
There is approximately a 200-yard walk into and out of the viewing blind on natural, gently rolling terrain. Please wear appropriate shoes for walking on a grass/dirt path that can sometimes be damp.
A port-a-potty is available at the viewing blind.
The following rules must be followed in order to ensure the birds are not disturbed:
- NO flash photography allowed
- Camera’s must be silenced
- Cellphones must be silenced
- Digital screens must be dimmed or covered
- Conversation in the blind must be minimal
- Necessary conversation must be in whispers
- Movement must be kept slow and kept to a minimum