Join us at the 2014 Nebraska Science Festival Expo and showcase fun and engaging hands-on learning opportunities for school-aged children -- it's a great way to promote science and its impact in our everyday lives.
The Expo will be held April 24-26 from 8:30 am to 2 pm at The Durham Museum and The Strategic Air & Space Museum. The Expo on April 26 at The Durham Museum will be held from 9 am to 1pm. It’s expected to attract up to 2,000 plus visitors, so be prepared for a busy day!
Please submit the form via online or mail by Jan. 15, 2014 in order to be considered for the Expo and included in printed materials.
Things to consider
- Decide what you’ll offer. Consider an activity or demonstration that is unique, dramatic, unusual, and that really showcases science.
- Is the activity appropriate for families and people of all ages?
- Is your activity “kid-friendly” and “hands-on?” Are there special logistical considerations? Safety concerns?
- Will you need electricity or special equipment?
- Who will staff the booth? (please keep in mind the booth must be staffed at all times)
- There is no charge for the booth but materials are provided at your own expense.
- You must commit to TWO days of the Expo.
Once you submit the completed application it will go through the event confirmation process and you will be notified within three weeks of your application submission. All applications are subject to approval by the festival advisory committee.
If we receive more applications than the space available, the date of application submission will be a determining factor. You will receive more information about your participation once all applications are reviewed. You will be notified by Feb. 1, 2014.